This effort requires a candidate to apply systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement. Interacts with MPO regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts. The candidate will also communicate with other program personnel, MPO overseers, and senior executives. The candidate will be responsible for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC15288:
- Technical Process Area – Stakeholder Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal
- Project Process Area – Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement
- Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area – Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Life-cycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and Quality Management
- Agreement Process Area – Acquisition and Supply.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas.
- Independently analyze and recommend alternatives for elements of project’s technical design.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products of either the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- A minimum of (20) years of Systems Engineering experience.
- Please note, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field may substitute for two years of experience.
- Extensive experience supporting a program in senior leadership positions
- Must have skills in at least one of the following areas:
MS Project Server:
- Configure and automate MS Project groups and access credentials using interface RESTful-based interfaces and application tools for Agency Authorization and Authentication services.
- Work with Microsoft Server Active Directory to create Role-based and Rule-based access groups and controls.
- Work with Corporate Active Directory Group to integrate automated access controls for MS Project. Integrate the use of Agency Authorization and Authentication services and Server Active Directory as needed.
- Perform regular MS Project System, Account, and Database Audits.
- Write SQL scripts as needed.
- Configure MS Project Architecture for use of PowerBI and SSRS and all sub-components necessary.
- Satisfy account requests for creation, modification, deletion.
- MS Project Server Administration.
- Knowledge of PWA administration.
- Scheduling with demonstrated knowledge of how to use the application and all of its options to create, modify, publish schedules.
- Ability to absorb requirements and milestones content and create a schedule that has predecessor, successor, task dependencies, and deliverables, and deliverable dependencies.
- Ability to create and work with IMSs.
- Ability to use, create, modify custom fields, filters, tables, formulas.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering discipline from an accredited college or university.
- In lieu of a technical degree, candidates must have a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of (24) years of experience.
- Project Web App (PWA) Server Setting; knowledge of OLAP database management, queue settings management, or project site provisioning settings
- SharePoint permission mode – knowledge
- Knowledge on Project Online (future) Knowledge of Reporting processes available in Microsoft SQL