The Transformations Services team is the primary liaison between Operations analysts and Capabilities developers to transition proven prototype activities into the modern corporate architecture and the Transition and Decommission (T&D) activities of legacy systems to the modern architecture. Provide System Engineering (SE) support to the T&D activities related to the transition of legacy systems to the modern architecture. SE support includes gathering and documenting legacy functions required in the modern architecture, translating functions into Minimal Viable Products for developers, consulting with Operations and Capabilities leads to resolve knowledge gaps, responding to analysts concerns, tracking analytic development, facilitating risk assessments, and documenting meeting discussions and actions. Currently preparing to support initial testing of transitioned functions on the modern architecture by capturing analysts’ problems and working with developers to resolve problems prior to formal transition to the modern architecture.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline plus at least 6 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 10 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Must work well on a team. Understanding one’s limitations and knowing when to ask for other perspectives will go a long way to achieving success in this job.
- Background in the customer mission, especially retrieving information from raw data repositories.
- Experience/knowledge of customer data flows and processes.
- Experience in Information Systems
- Flexible work schedule
- SharePoint, JIRA, and other tracking tools
- MS Office Applications