Provide systems engineering services in support. The SE will lead a team supporting the analysis and documentation of current systems and processes, evaluation of potential new systems/processes, identification of capabilities gaps, and support the development of system transition, data migration, and decommissioning plans and activities in support of modernization plans and in the design of enterprise solutions. Assist MPO customer in identifying specific technical and functional requirements for replacement systems. Participate in deep dives to understand and document the “as is” and “to be’ architectures. Assist in the design and documentation of the proposed architecture and the formulation of requirements for a government SOW.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 15 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: a High School Diploma or GED plus 19 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Ability to deconstruct top-level requirements to functional requirements for systems solutions that account for technical, schedule and cost constraints
- 3 or more years of experience in writing and/or managing Mission needs and/or functional requirements.
- Experience with systems engineering processes that support design, development, integration, testing and fielding of software systems.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected schedule to complete
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts.