The technical SETA contractor will support and work closely with an Integration System Engineer assigned to the customer’s IT Transformation efforts. This senior systems engineer will provide dedicated technical support to the ISE in performing a wide variety of tasks requiring a strong system engineering background and experience in a broad set of SE disciplines. The initial focus will be on business process analysis and requirements definition. The contractor should be able to perform and deliver quality outcomes in a multiple of the following process areas, to include stakeholder requirements definition and analysis, fit gap analysis, implementation, integration, verification, transition, validation, project planning, project assessment and control, decision, risk, configuration and quality management.
- Working with the Mission Leads and ISE to document mission needs
- Working with the Business Process Lead and Change Management Lead in conducting Business Process Analysis (BPA) and Change Assessments for all identified processes. In addition, assisting the Change Management lead with managing the process changes, including user training and communications.
- Comprehensive understanding of the OPM Federal Integrated Business Frameworks (FIBF); leading efforts to evaluate the OPM-FIBF service requirements to ensure they are complete and at the correct level of detail; and documenting agency-specific requirements as needed.
- Review mission artifacts to develop a comprehensive understanding of the mission processes, products, interfaces, data requirements, challenges, policies, regulator/statutory requirements, as well as identifying opportunities for process improvements
- Analyzing and consolidating the BPA process flows and Suppliers, Inputs, Products, Outputs, and Customers (SIPOC) artifacts to ensure they capture the end to end process which is complete and accurate.
- Working with the Mission Leads and ISE to develop use cases for the acquisition of the solution including an end to end use case
- Analyzing the results of COTS gap analysis and identifying and documenting the impacts to mission processes.
- Reviewing planning documentation and providing recommendations; in addition to providing status on project activities.
- Analyzing the CMS data strategy and developing a set of mission data validity rules to ensure the accuracy and completeness of ongoing operational data and data initially migrated to the new solution; in partnership with CMS, develop and implement a governance process that adjudicates unresolved customization or process change issues between mission and solution provider.
- Supporting user testing across all phases, to include analyzing integration testing results to ensure end-to-end business processes are effective, suitable and sustainable, developing use cases for user acceptance testing to ensure the solution meets the operational need, and analyzing operational testing results; in all cases, make recommendations based on the analysis done.
- Engaging in the requirements management process to ensure the traceability of mission requirements throughout the project life cycle.
- Developing and implementing a risk management process that helps ensure risks are identified and controlled in order to reduce risk to tolerable levels.
- Providing recommendations to the Mission Leads so they can make actionable, defensible, and traceable decisions
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 15 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: A High School Diploma or GED plus 19 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- A broad experience in systems engineering disciplines, to include stakeholder requirements definition and analysis, fit gap analysis, implementation, integration, verification, transition, validation, project planning, project assessment and control, decision, risk, configuration, and quality management.
- Self-starter and independent, with high attention to detail. The successful candidate needs to be a “big picture” person who can see where and how each task fits into the overall concept and strategic objectives.
- Must be able to thrive on a high visibility effort in a highly dynamic team environment, working in potentially large group settings. Must be comfortable in actively participating and, as such, must have excellent communication skills and have demonstrated experience in cross-program/cross-organization integration; ability to work constructively and successfully with diverse stakeholders to resolve mission and technical issues is critical.