The Senior Systems Engineer (SE5) will provide support to customer’s REDHAWK Software Defined Radio (SDR) Open Source Development Framework effort by interacting with the Sensor Open Systems Architectures (SOSA) community and other REDHAWK end-users to facilitate adoption and integration of REDHAWK framework into RF/SIGINT systems. The system engineer will also work with stakeholders to evaluate RF Framework SDR software (REDHAWK) for its applicability to perform front-end control of non-SIGINT radio systems. The individual will be expected to quickly develop a comprehensive knowledge of REDHAWK-related products and their employment in other RF/SIGINT systems. The System Engineer will assist or chair various meetings/working groups to standardize software architectures within SOSA.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 15 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: a High School Diploma or GED plus 19 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Familiarity with Software Development
- A strong working knowledge of RF/SIGINT, especially the employment of SDR based systems.
- Ability to effectively represent customer at technical forums and working groups
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Knowledge of the REDHAWK highly desired
- Previous experience in SIGINT collection would be helpful, but not required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills