- Hadoop / MapReduce
- Apache Storm / Heron or other streaming analytic technologies
- DATAWAVE and Accumulo
The Senior Cyber Software Engineer will join an experienced Java development team building innovative solutions to Big Data (high volume and velocity) customer challenges. The team develops an enterprise data provenance tracking system, which requires strong Java development backend skills. The team uses a wide range of technologies to develop both batch and streaming analytics, data processing pipelines, and a web backend supporting asynchronous queries. The developer could get involved in any one or more of these areas of development.
Requires 10 years software development experience with at least 6 of those years programming in Java.
- Java Developer
- Big Data experience
Required Labor Category Skills:
- At least ten (10) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required;
- At least six (6) years developing software using the Java programming language. At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years.
- At least four (4) years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX and Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems. At least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years;
- Experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist;
- Familiarity with the software development process described in the MIL-STD498, J-STD-016, and/or US 12207 and possess at least two (2) years of experience developing software in accordance with these standards;
- At least six (6) years in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing;
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 process structure;
- Experience “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework;
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products;
- Developing of Framework infrastructure and services within one of the SOA design patterns;