The contractor shall provide systems engineering support to MPO high-level end-to-end IT requirements definition. Specifically, these contractors shall support the Pre-design step of the customer’s Enhanced Solution Process.
The contractor shall support the writing Mission Need requests (high-level functional system requirements) and by providing analysis of the mission needs in development including initial scoping, identification of deficiencies to be resolved by the solution, identification of affected domains and potential remedies to be evaluated. Additionally, the contractor shall support the initial scoping and categorization of the effort required to provide the solution which shall be graphically depicted and presented to decision-making boards.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Within the last fifteen years, a minimum of ten years relevant, interdisciplinary experience with GUX requirements elicitation and documentation, cognitive systems engineering, industrial engineering, human factors engineering, or similar system engineering fields.
- Within the last seven years, at least three years’ successful experience with knowledge elicitation to include direct interaction with customers or system users.
- Within the last seven years, a minimum of three years’ successful experience with requirements development and documentation for domain-specific cognitive work.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Familiarity with the customer’s environment, domains, programs and projects
- Significant experience with Intelligence Community customers, their missions and infrastructures.
- Clear customer interface experience and skill with Cognitive Task/Work Analysis (CTA/CWA) or similar user-centered knowledge elicitation techniques
- Demonstrated ability to translate user interviews/observations into domain descriptions, workflow diagrams, and identify problem areas within them.
- Employ sound system engineering and human-machine interaction principles to develop, vet with customers, and refine high-level conceptual designs in response to identified problems.
- Comfortable with visual representation design and interactive prototyping.
- Use of Visio, PowerPoint, or other presentation software to develop clear graphical representations of “current” and “to be” views of the Mission Needs and their solutions.
- Excellent analytic, problem definition and problem-solving skills.