The Staff Cyber Software Engineer will join an experienced Java development team building innovative solutions to Big Data (high volume and velocity) customer challenges. The team develops an enterprise data provenance tracking system, which requires strong Java development backend skills. The team uses a wide range of technologies to develop both batch and streaming analytics, data processing pipelines, and a web backend supporting asynchronous queries. The developer could get involved in any one or more of these areas of development.
- Requires 15 years software development experience with at least 8 of those years programming in a high-level language preferably Java.
- Backend Java Developer
- Big Data experience
Required Labor Category Skills:
- At least fifteen (15) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required;
- At least eight (8) years developing software using the Java programming language.
- At least six (6) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last eight (8) years.
- At least six (6) years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX and Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems. At least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years;
- Experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist;
- Familiarity with the software development process described in the MIL-STD498, JSTD-0 16, and/or US 12207 and possess at least two (2) years of experience developing software in accordance with these standards;
- At least six (6) years in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing;
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 process structure;
- Experience “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework;
- Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products;
- Apache NiFi OR
- Hadoop /
- MapReduce OR
Apache Storm / Heron or other streaming analytic technologies OR
DATAWAVE and Accumulo