Provide system engineering (SE) solutions to support the customer and the Intelligence Community’s (IC) transition to a Utility Cloud (UC) environment and adoption of other current and future computer infrastructure improvements. Assist in the architecture design, SE planning, process engineering, and planning for UC deployments. Assist in the integration of hardware/software processes and plans for the implementation of a functional utility cloud, providing Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS).
Provide SE services to include process development, integration and test, architecture, dependency and interface identification, and risk management. Assist with the integration of multiple hypervisors (e.g. VMWare and Openstack/KVH), provisioning capabilities, and user interfaces with the infrastructure.
Provide assistance with the development of scripts to automate various components of the infrastructure, create architectural specifications to enable the integration of data and storage clouds.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable
- Proficiency with VMWare to include building, supporting, and upgrading ESXi/VMWare
- Proficiency with scripting (one or more languages)
- Familiarity with server hardware administration to include troubleshooting, replacements, and upgrades which may include working directly with vendors
- Familiarity with systems architecture, data flows, and networking diagrams
- Ability to work independently and in groups to complete tasks bound by constraints (time and resources)
- Ability to break-down a complex problem space, formulate technical strategies, build action plans, and track progress against established baselines to resolve technical challenges and meet customer expectations
- Knowledge and understanding of customer’s overall mission areas
- Minimum of CWIP IAT Level 1 certification
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Experience with IC industry and customer.
- Able to work with top-level government management and to work as a team member.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com