The Senior Systems Engineer will provide development and integration support for SIGINT geolocation systems and will be the team’s technical lead for the support of an annual operational test demonstration event. They will be the lead planner at community planning sessions, and will be responsible for coordination of test resources on cloud infrastructure, for coordination for logistics for acquiring and for coordination of the logistics (acquiring and shipping) equipment (antennas, receivers, cabling etc.) to test location for annual IC-wide CONUS interoperability demonstration event. The selected individual will provide hands-on support at the CONUS operational test site and aid in the set-up/tear-down of temporary sensor/antenna hardware at test locations. The selected individual will apply their knowledge of RF signals and technology, especially modern wireless and cellular signals as part of a team supporting the review and analysis of capabilities requirements, requirements gathering, system architecture development, interface- and data exchange-standardization, propose technical solutions, and review system test results. The individual will also represent the customer’s organization at technical exchanges and will support the development of collaborative, cross organizational and cross system solutions. The senior systems engineer will monitor the status of both locally sponsored and related community capability development efforts and keep supported government leadership informed on these effort’s status and will make recommendations on issue and concerns that may arise. The selected individual must be able to work across military and Intelligence organization boundaries to build consensus on contentious technical issues.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 20 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 24 years of general systems
- Must be able to set-up and test geolocation sensor system hardware (receivers, cables, antenna, etc.)
- Ability to coordinate establishment of test virtual and physical network infrastructure components in support of operational interoperability test activities.
- Position requires travel to CONUS test site for annual 4-week long test event related support.
- Ability to work with technical team to troubleshoot and resolve issues in setting up sensor networks in new test environments.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Experience with system development and collaborative standards development and implementation.
- Knowledge of software and radio system hardware test procedures.
- Understanding of modern cellular and wireless communications protocols especially in the context of locating those signals.
- Experience with Military Service and Intelligence Community SIGINT collection and geolocation systems.
- Knowledge of Airborne (or All Domain) Overhead Cooperative Operations (AOCO) programs such as Theater Net Centric Geolocation and the AOCO Joint Interface Control Document (JICD) 4.1 and 4.2 standards
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org