Provide systems engineering support to a customer Architecture & Integration (A&I) program. In this capacity, the Systems Engineer (SE) will provide engineering guidance and produce technical documents to standardize processes and hardware that are system agnostic for all thread associated with the A&I midpoint capability. The SE will explore innovative ideas, technologies, and processes to integrate into the future midpoint functional architecture (MFA). The SE will address the systems engineering challenges associated with designing, proving, and integrating midpoint next generation concepts. The SE will support requirements gathering, system design and architecture, integration, testing, interface standards, CONOPS development, business model development, and security requirements definition for the MFA initiative. The SE will engage with internal and external stakeholders and organization to ensure accurate documentation of current and future architectural requirements. The SE will also provide analyses of technical alternatives as they affect cost, schedule, performance, and technical risk, to include risk analyses and trade studies. The SE will be required to document current midpoint operations and identify a migration path to a converged midpoint architecture.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 6 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: A High School Diploma or GED plus 10 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience, particularly in the areas of architecture, testing, and integration. Experience in documenting system design from approved requirements.
- Experience with conducting technical reviews, analyses of alternative capabilities/technologies, technical/programmatic risk assessments, and architectural gap analyses.
- Successful candidates will be detail oriented and exhibit strong organization skills; must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organization management while operating in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Multi-source collection and analysis
- Ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with reference architecture design and mapping.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org