This position supports High-Performance Computing (HPC), providing systems engineering support to the HPC Subject Matter Experts (SME). The selected candidate must have proven systems engineering experience and must be able to advise and assist MPO in various systems engineering activities.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Network Certifications preferred (i.e. Cisco CCIE, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CISSP, Juniper/Arista)
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools like Salt, Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and routing and switching technologies
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Open Network Solutions
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and routing/switching technologies
- Ability to program with one or more scripting languages including Python, Ruby, TCL, Perl, PHP, YAML
- Knowledge of network function virtualization Virtual router/ switch, virtual FW, Virtual Load Balancers
- Familiarity with software defined networking (SDN) Network Disaggregation technologies and methodologies along with open source solutions.
- Provide technical design and architectural leadership, including documenting and diagramming the logical, physical, and process views. Define network strategy with respect to technology domain standards and design goals. Develop and maintain network roadmaps, which include product selection, versions, upgrades, projects, and milestones.
- Lead efforts for network technology evaluations, which involves identifying a weighted feature matrix for a specific need and evaluating and scoring products against the desired features.
- Self-starter individual that will be able to work closely with MPO technical directors to drive network innovation and efficiencies throughout a Major System Acquisition (MSA) program.
- Conduct research focused on identifying emerging technology solutions that reduce costs, increase efficiencies, provide more value, provide more capabilities, reduce risks, and increase security.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing network reference architecture; from business/mission requirements gathering to technology rollout oversight, including capacity management, definition of scoring methodologies for technology selection, integration of multiple tools and technical documentation.
- Must be able to prioritize, delegate and foster the development of high-performance teams to lead/support an environment driven by customer service and teamwork.
- Research activities include readings, proof-of-concepts (POC), and lab testing. Communicate leading practices by giving presentations, working with program/project teams, and authoring content aimed at educating others about standards, strategies, and otherwise defined leading practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Experience with IC industry and customer, including mission domain experience in high performance computing and cryptanalysis.
- Eight years of experience Network Architecture, Design and Engineering, managing and supporting large scale projects and network automation, preferably within a professional service firm or similar environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org