Provide senior systems engineering support to an office responsible for the management and oversight of technology transition into and out of the enterprise architecture. These transition activities include managing the introduction of new prototype capabilities. The technology transition office provides support not only across the customer organization but to external IC partners to ensure transition stakeholder requirements are understood and considered. Transition activities include managing and supporting technology transition office process, monitoring and measuring progress through the process, identifying risks and recommending mitigations and supporting planning activities. Customer support requests are evaluated by MPO to determine alignment with its scope and objectives. Discrete task descriptions will be created for all requests and be used for tracking and to enable contractor assignments.
This Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering expertise in researching systems, services and capabilities to be decommissioned, documenting the known details to enable decision making by the stakeholders and capability owners. This role involves planning, monitoring, and generating systems engineering artifacts to assist MPO to facilitate technology transition into and out of the capabilities architecture, and works with MPO to facilitate, lead and document decision meetings to engage stakeholders in accomplishing the work.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Subject Matter Expert in 1 or more SE Process Areas; Approve delivery of SE work product, and briefing Stakeholders on all technical aspects of their Project.
- Ability to plan and deliver engineering projects with unique/ complex aspects that impact major capabilities of high priority to the enterprise.
- Ability to independently resolve important engineering issues requiring the use of advanced technology.
- Five or more years’ experience supporting programs and projects within this customer space.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Experience in technical program/ project management/ project implementation highly desired.
- Experience in defining an effort from mission outcomes/objectives to key tasks, collaborating with others monitoring and preparing out-reports, with the ability to embrace cross-directorate collaboration, and work with/advise others with little or no Systems Engineering experience.
- Experience in writing and/or managing the development of functional requirements and other related SE documentation.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in development/ implementation of SE processes and procedures.
- Experience with Confluence / JIRA managing Systems Engineering Projects.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org