Support the customer Enterprise Test and Assessment (ETA) Technology Readiness Assessments (TRA) team. The ETA TRA team executes a systematic, metric-based process to assess the maturity of program technologies and possible vulnerabilities. The team also encourages programs to employ integrated test methodologies to the maximum extent possible.
- Provide program with end-to-end independent testing and verification of program’s capabilities
- Identify disconnects, risks, and concerns with test requirements, criteria, and testing
- Utilize existing systems engineering policies and processes to identify systems engineering, interoperability, and testing issues and risks
- Perform Technology Readiness Assessments on systems in accordance with DoD and customer requirements
- Perform technical reviews on enterprise systems engineering artifacts and prepare comments and recommendations to the Chief Systems Engineer
- Continually review TRA processes and update them to reflect the current state of acquisition and technology
- Engage with other Operational Test & Assessment team personnel; Maintain awareness of status and schedule of programs of interest
- Advise programs and test teams on current standards, practices, and procedures for integrating, testing, evaluating and transitioning systems and enterprise capabilities
- Participate in reviews of systems and elements under development to ensure requirements traceability
- Participate in select forums to gather and promulgate TRA information beneficial to future assessments
- Prepare technical reports and provide rationale for recommendations
- Provide lessons learned to partner programs
- Prepare briefings, trip reports, and white papers on TRA activities
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in a qualified engineering field (see note 1) or related discipline (see note 2) from an accredited university or college, plus at least fifteen (15) years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two (2) years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus nineteen (19) years of systems engineering experience is also acceptable.
This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year
- Qualified Engineering fields: (Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management)
- Related Disciplines: (Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics)
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Experience applying a systematic, metrics-based process to evaluate a project’s technology maturity.
- Experience with test planning and implementation for complex software engineering programs.
- Able to work with supported organizations and test teams to review/improve test planning and execution.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organizational management, be willing to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision, and possess strong interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Technical and people skills necessary to collaborate with customers, subject matter experts, and senior technical and programmatic leadership.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org