This senior systems engineer will coordinate the security accreditation of test and operational network infrastructure capabilities for a MPO customer organization developing cooperative geolocation capability enhancements. The selected systems engineer must understand the customer’s Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes and the associated documentation contained in the XACTA database. The selected individual will work with stakeholders to determine the status of system accreditation milestones and coordinate actions to resolve issues. The systems engineer will also make recommendations to leadership to address concerns arising from proposed infrastructure changes or from the deployment of new capabilities. This systems engineer will be part of a broader team providing support to capability development efforts sponsored by the MPO customer. The team also drafts requirements, interface control documentation, concept of operations, and other technical documentation to facilitate the Intelligence Community and Foreign Partner efforts to modernize and deploy new interoperable SIGINT geolocation capabilities. The selected individual will support those efforts, especially with respect to infrastructure security accreditation issues. The selected individual must be able to work across military and Intelligence organization boundaries to build consensus to on technical issues among multiple stakeholders.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 20 years of general systems engineering experience, a master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 24 years of general systems
- Detailed understanding of the RMF process
- This is a full-time position, requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- DOD 8570 Security IAT lv 1 certification such Network+ CE, A+ CE, CCNA-Security, SSCP or higher level certification such as Security+ desired, but not required.
- Experience with system development and collaborative standards development and implementation
- Understanding of modern cellular and wireless communications protocols especially in the context of locating those signals desired, but not required.
- Experience with Military Service and Intelligence Community SIGINT collection and geolocation systems
- Knowledge of Airborne (or All Domain) Overhead Cooperative Operations (AOCO) programs such as Theater Net Centric Geolocation and the AOCO Joint Interface Control Document (JICD) 4.1 and 4.2 standards a significant plus.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org