Provide systems engineering support to a customer Technology Transition Office responsible for the management and oversight of technology transition into and out of the Enterprise Architecture. These transition activities include managing the introduction of new prototype capabilities. The Technology Transition Office provides support not only across the customer organization but to external IC partners to ensure transition stakeholder requirements are understood and considered. Transition activities include managing and supporting Technology Transition Office process, monitoring, and measuring progress through the process, identifying risks, and recommending mitigations and supporting planning activities. Customer support requests are evaluated by the Government to determine alignment with its scope and objectives. Discrete task descriptions will be created for all requests and be used for tracking and to enable contractor assignments.
This Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering expertise in scoping, planning, monitoring, and generating systems engineering artifacts to support the technical evaluation of prototypes, assist the government to facilitate technology transition into the capabilities architecture, and work with the government to facilitate / lead cross-directorate Integrated-Product Teams [IPTs] to engage stakeholders in accomplishing the work.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field of study with 20 years of overall Systems Engineering [SE] experience or High School/ GED w/24+yrs SE Experience.
- Subject Matter Expert in 1 or more SE Process Areas; Approve delivery of SE work product, and briefing Stakeholders on all technical aspects of their Project.
- Ability to plan and deliver engineering projects with unique/ complex aspects that impact major capabilities of high priority to the enterprise.
- Ability to independently resolve important engineering issues requiring the use of advanced technology.
- Five or more years’ experience supporting programs and projects within this customer space.
This is a Full-Time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Experience in technical program/ project management/ project implementation highly desired.
- Experience in defining an effort from mission outcomes/objectives to key tasks, collaborating with others monitoring and preparing out-reports, with the ability to embrace cross-directorate collaboration, and work with/advise others with little or no Systems Engineering experience.
- Experience in writing and/or managing the development of functional requirements and other related SE documentation.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in development/ implementation of SE processes and procedures.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com