Provide systems engineering support to a major development effort. The Systems Engineer will assist in maintaining the overall Phase 2 architecture and collaborate with and between development teams in the areas of Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) and data management. They will ensure requirements are being addressed and that dependencies and interfaces are understood and documented. They will work with both data containers and virtual machines to ensure data is appropriately captured. The successful candidate will be a great collaborator and good listener, comfortable with change and uncertainty, big-picture oriented, and technically proficient.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Familiar with agile development and test methodologies.
- Familiar with the principles and concepts of Service Oriented Architectures including: Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), data management and containerization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with automating the deployment of applications inside software containers and managing containers in an OpenStack environment.
- Experience performing data schema work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Experience with IC industry and customer, including mission domain experience in high performance computing and cryptanalysis.
- Seven or more years of experience as a lead system engineer on complex or large software development projects.