Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for user experience, user workflow, design and 508 compliance
- Shall provide options and recommend changes based on current design standards and trends
- Development of map-based web applications including implementation of new capabilities and bug fixes
- Integration with data stores
- Integration with Restful Services
- System design/architecture
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience.
- A Master’s degree in any of the above disciplines may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of experience.
- Shall have a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis.
- Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance, and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems.
- Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
Experienced in the following:
- Detail oriented Self-starter
- Adobe Creative Suite (or other designer tools)
- HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap
- Familiar with Less and Sass
- Understanding of responsive design and touch interface interaction techniques and be in sync with recent design standards and trends
- Understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ideas to flex those boundaries. A solid portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user‐centered design solutions across multiple interfaces and screen sizes.
- Create user‐centered designs for software projects by considering customer feedback
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on‐device software applications
- Create and evaluate interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
- Breakdown complex requirements and concepts into well‐thought visual designs and workflows
- Ability to work collaboratively with developers, project managers, and cross‐functional teams to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals
- Experience creating UI specs & wireframes; flexibility and willingness to move from idea, to whiteboard, to execution quickly and provide choices to stakeholders
- Configuration management tools Git or similar
- Experience with developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems and/or for providing analysis and engineering of functional aspects of software and hardware architecture and system support.
- Experience with preparing detailed specifications from which software products will be designed and/or candidate will translate documented designs into software products by developing, documenting, testing, and debugging code.
- Experience with applications that deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines, and other control modules.
- Candidate shall be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of software engineering and/or all phases of applications systems analysis with minimal direction or oversight.
- Excellent communication skills
- System design/architecture/collaboration
- Ability to work in a cross team environment
- Knowledgeable of geospatial applications
- Knowledgeable of 508 Compliance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com