Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards
- Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
- Monitor, manage, and develop SQL databases on NETAPP, EMC storage and database servers.
- Analyze and determine information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Conceive, design, prototype, and test new methods, algorithms, and models.
- Define architecture requirements and performance standards to meet management and customer specifications.
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing database structure
- Advise hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepare reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. Stay current on vendors’ best security practices in relation to organizational requirements
- Provide Tier III support
- Shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Management, Program Management, etc).
- Shall have three (3) years of direct experience with an intelligence community or signals intelligence activity.
- Shall have twenty (20) years in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- Shall have twelve (12) years’ experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
- Shall have ten (10) years’ experience developing, delivering testing a supporting integrated hardware and software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 or NSA way Process structure.
- Shall have eight (8) years’ experience providing technical direction for the development engineering, integration and testing of complex hardware/software systems
- Shall have seven (7) years’ experience developing documentation required in support of both technical and training requirements.
- Shall have seven (7) years’ experience in developing system architecture and design including:
- Interface requirements
- Shall have five (5) years’ experience in developing strategic and implementation plans for large-scale information systems.
- (Large scale information system is defined as having at least one of the following characteristics: Over 1,000 users; Over 100 sensors; Over 1000 entities in the information model as represented by an Entity Relationship diagram or UML; Over 20 distinct physical subsystems.)
- Shall have four (4) years’ experience in reverse engineering and re-engineering; leading system definition, trade-off and design activities; leading analysis of system requirements and components; performing system audits to ensure intended system functionality, operation and performance requirements are achieved; system performance analysis; and planning the next generation system.
- Experience in implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access is desired.
- Experience in Agile methods is desired.
- Broad experience in multiple relational DBMS. Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies customer systems and/or applications software.
- Experience working with ORACLE, MYSQL and Postgress databases
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com