The Senior Systems Engineer will provide integration support (requirements, specification through development) of COMINT geolocation systems. The selected individual will apply their knowledge of RF signals and technology, especially modern wireless and cellular signals, to support the review and analysis of capabilities requirements, requirements gathering, system architecture development, interface- and data exchange-standardization, propose technical solutions, and review system test results. System Engineer will specifically be focused on advice and support to adaption of existing systems/processes to forthcoming 5G network role out. The individual will also represent the customer’s organization at technical exchanges and will support the development of collaborative, cross organizational and cross system solutions. The selected individual must be able to work across military and Intelligence organization boundaries to build consensus on contentious technical issues that arise as the aid the creation of a suite of community cross geolocation specifications and implementations.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 20 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master’s degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 24 years of general systems
- Knowledge of evolution of cellular/wireless systems with a strong understanding of technical aspects of forthcoming deployment of 5G networks
- Understanding of cellular network topologies and protocols
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Understanding of modern cellular and wireless communications protocols especially in the context of locating those signals.
- Experience with COMINT collection and processing systems and techniques